Solo Ads are the Perfect Strategy for Those Just Getting Started Online
“The Money is in the List” and it’s 100% TRUE. When it comes down to it, if done right, solo ads are one of the fastest, most reliable ways to grow your business and can produce AMAZING results.
So, what exactly IS a solo ad??
In the most basic terms, a solo ad is a method of advertisement in which you pay someone to email their subscriber list on your behalf. Essentially you are “renting” ad space to their audience (which is targeted traffic) and sending them to your offer. The goal is to get a specified number of clicks (or views) to your squeeze page and get them to opt in to your own list.
Ad Swaps, the sister of solo ads, generally work the same way. The difference is that instead of paying to ”rent” another marketer’s ad space, you swap the ad space (ie. you send their ad to your list in exchange for them sending your ad to their list).
Swaps only work once you have built up your own list and have established a relationship with your subscribers to be sure that the number of clicks you get on any given day is reliable enough to exchange with someone else who has a similar list size. Both can be incredibly powerful forms of list building but solo ads are the perfect strategy for those just getting started online.
It allows you to build your list quickly while staying in full control of your advertising budget because you are guaranteed a minimum amount of traffic being sent to your offer.
Ok… where do I start?
Now that you know what a solo ad is, there are a few steps you need to take before you begin buying traffic…
- Set up your Autoresponder – This is the system that captures the email addresses of the people who opt in to your offer and builds your list.
- Secure your hosting – Your squeeze page (aka landing page or opt in page) has to be hosted somewhere on the internet in order for this to work
- Choose a squeeze page – You want to use a squeeze page that is congruent with your offer but not being over-used by other marketers. Your squeeze page MUST offer an incentive to your visitors in exchange for their email address! This can be anything from information, your own product, an e-book, or even a PLR that you have rights to give away free. For the best results (and more control) I recommend creating your own squeeze page.
- Track your links – This is important!! Tracking allows you to hold the solo ad seller accountable for the number of clicks you actually receive. Any time you do any advertising, especially paid advertising, you need to be able to measure your results. Free options like bitly will do the trick initially but if you’re in this for the long term you’ll benefit from something with more features.
- Book your solo – You can find solo ad sellers in a number of places like Safe Swaps, Warrior Forum, Skype, or even a simple Google search. Some of these offer rating systems so you can check out the seller’s reputation before you buy. Always look for recent testimonials!
Setting up a successful solo ad campaign
Most Solo Ad sellers will write the ad copy for you because, obviously, they know what their list responds to better than you do. And that’s great because that gets you better results! But if you’re really set on writing it yourself, keep these tips in mind:
- Create a catchy subject line. DO NOT take this lightly! These days people’s inboxes are flooded with emails every day so it needs to be enticing and relevant. If your subject line is weak your email may never even get opened. If they don’t open your email there is zero chance of you getting the clicks, let alone an opt in or sale. What would spark your curiosity enough to open that email?
- Keep your email short and spicy. Don’t over complicate it with tons of meaningless words or a lengthy sales pitch (better yet, don’t use any sales pitch). Use creative language to keep the reader’s interest but get straight to the point. Remember, your goal is to get them to click the link.
- Have a strong call to action. Make it easy to click your link by telling people exactly what to do. You might say something like “click here” or “go here for more info” or something like that.
The route to success with solo ads
For the most part, solo ads are pretty darn simple. But don’t expect instant success right away. It takes time to figure out what works in your ad campaign and what doesn’t. So don’t give up if you don’t have wild success with your first campaign. The “secret” to making money online is to be consistent… never stop until you get it.
Remember, the objective of a solo ad is to generate leads by capturing their email address so you can follow up with them later. Only when they know, like, and trust you will they ever consider buying from you.
If you study your statistics you’ll easily see what’s working about your ads and what isn’t. Keep tweaking, making mistakes, correcting them, and moving forward.
Trust me, any marketer that’s making a good amount of money online will tell you they regularly get traffic through solo ads, including us. And that’s for a very good, very simple reason… it works.
Stay Tuned in For More Ways to Generate More Leads and Grow Your Business..
De Island Dude Micardo